General event planning updates
- Speakers: We’ve gladly received the acceptance of Dr. Andreas Wild, Exec. Dir of ECSEL JU the main EU public R&D program for micro-electronics.
- Sponsors: ECSEL JU and AENEAS, major microelectronics industry association, have joined as sponsors.
- Duration: Although the workshop remains formally a one day, we have booked the same meeting room for the whole 25th morning, hold an optional, to-be-defined and less-structured follow up to the discussions of the previous day.
- Updates: For lesser updates, follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/freeandsafe
- Lodging. We suggest to book at the Thon Residence Parnasse, as it is at close walking and the after-event refreshment will be held nearby. You can benefit for a special event rate of 140€/night.(firstname.lastname@example.org). But there are many other hotels nearby.
- Next Steps: Throughout August, we will:
- add a references section with documentation relevant documentation to the discussions, as well as activate the discussion forums.
- seek further sponsors, in the hope that we can avail of the availability of Bruce Schneier and other relevant non-EU speakers to join in person rather than via conf call.
- refine and finalize the program (suggestions are welcome).
- revise the workshop backgrounder, based on suggestions from speakers.
As Open Media Cluster, we have created a first draft of our contribution to the discussions of the event, which we will review during the summer.