Free and Safe in Cyberspace – US Edition 2016
Thursday July 21st 2016, New York, NY, U.S.A.
At TBD venue in Manhattan
Free and Safe in Cyberspace – US Edition 2016 aims to catalyse a constructive dialogue and a wide informed consensus on new international standards and certification governance bodies for ultra-high assurance ICT services and lifecycles – for communications, constitutional lawful access and artificial intelligence – aimed to deliver access to unprecedented and constitutionally–meaningful* e-privacy and e-security to all, while increasing public safety and cyber-investigation capabilities.
- Joseph Cannataci, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right of Privacy. Head of the Department of Information Policy & Governance at the Faculty of Media & Knowledge Sciences of the University of Malta. Chair of European Information Policy & Technology Law within the Faculty of Law at the University of Groningen.
- Simone Halink. Co-chair of An Internet Safe and Secure Working Group of the Freedom Online Coalition, a group of 29 nations “committed to work together to support Internet freedom and protect fundamental human rights – free expression, association, assembly, and privacy online – worldwide“.
- Bill Pace. Original Convenor of the Coalition for the International Criminal Court (CICC). Executive Director, World Federalist Movement-Institute for Global Policy (WFM-IGP). Steering Committee Member, International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICRtoP).
- Zachary Goldman. Director of the Center of Law and Security at New York Law School. Previously served as Policy Advisor in the US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, and Special Assistant to the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the US Department of Defense. He is the co-editor of the comparative Intelligence Oversight: A Global View, and co-organizer of a related event on April 21st 2016.
- Roman Yampolskiy. World-renowned AI superintelligence safety expert and professor. Author of Artificial Superintelligence. His resears in focused on AI Containment (isolation). He is active in popular media channels.
- Yvo Desmedt. World-renowned cryptographer, and pioneer of threshold cryptography. Fellow of the IACR. Jonsson Distinguished Professor at University of University of Texas at Dallas, USA and Chair of ICT at University College London, UK.
- Amir Husain, CEO of SparkCognition. Global leader in advanced Artificial Intelligence for high-assurance IT security detection and prevention. SparkSecure leading AI-based security service based on IBM Watson.
- David Chaum. World-renowned cryptographer, and pioneer of anonymity protocols. (video link) Life-long digital civil rights activist and expert. Inventor of several ground-breaking foundational crypto concepts and protocols. Proponent of the controversial Privategrity and cMix R&D projects to solve the logjam between privacy and constitutional lawful access.
- Jovan Golic, Privacy, Security and Trust Action Line Leader of EIT Digital. Renowned cryptographer and IT assurance expert. EIT Digital manages, through 8 Action Lines, about 700M€ yearly of EU Commission funds for close-to-market IT innovation, research and education co-funding.
- Rufo Guerreschi. Executive Director of the Open Media Cluster, promoter the Trustless Computing Initiative, and the Trustless Computing Certification Campaign and founder of the Free and Safe in Cyberspace event series. Life-long activist for international democratization through and within the use of digital technologies.
- * Marcos Vinicius Mazoni. President of the main Brazilian IT Agency SERPRO. SERPRO has been delegated by President Rousseff to develop state-surveillance-proof email systems for government officials. It has lead in innovative solutions to lawful access in respect of citizens’ rights (see backgrounder).* To be confirmed
NOTES:[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”] http://www.lawandsecurity.org/April-21-2016[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]